Thursday, March 5, 2009

Avalai goes pee-pee in the potty!!!!

After a fitful night of Avalai waking up from teething pain, we had a successful morning.
We've been slowly working on introducing Avalai to her new potty...sitting her on it a couple times a day for a few days...she would always read books and sing with us, but no pee-pee...until this morning!
She slept in a little later than usual this morning, and when I got her up...she was soaked through again (this has been happening lately) so I took a naked, little, shivering girl to the potty for a quick try before I got her all dressed again. While she was sitting there shivering, reading one of her books...I ran to get her some fresh clothes, and by the time I got back...and started to dress her as she was still sitting there...I looked down and saw that she had gone pee-pee in the potty! I screamed excitedly, and she looked down and mirrored my excitement. I said "You did it...you went pee-pee in the potty!" She gasped and said "I deed eet! Pee-pee, potty" and cheered and clapped for herself. We called Daddy to come and share in the triumph...and we all rejoiced in her achievement.
Yay...a successful morning in potty-training world!

No comments:

Post a Comment