Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm so behind on this blogging thing. I'll try to update better soon.
I haven't felt that great the past couple days so I hope I can bounce out of it and not have to go back on Lyme medicine. We'll see.

We got snow yesterday and Avalai just loved it of course. We bundled her all up so well, that as she's standing there waiting with a onesie, a long john suit, a shirt, a sweater, three pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, boots, mittens and a big puffy brown coat...as we are getting our layers on, she finally looked up at us and said "Hot...hot..." I thought awwww...at least she translated that into her feeling hot. She understands when water is hot, or her food is hot...but she figured out that with all those layers on, she was HOT :)
Oh...and as we were bundling her, we kept asking her..."Where do you want to go?" She knows that when she gets shoes and coat on that she's going somewhere, of course. We expected her to say "ahsseye" to see the "peety, no"...which she had been excited about earlier when we showed her out the window. But no...she wasn't thinking about going outside and playing with us...she said..."(long dramatic gasp)...Nenan nenn Nenny!" with as much excitement as ever. Great, we thought...she doesn't actually believe that WE'RE going to go out and play with her! Oh well. We're glad she loves them so much!
Once we got outside, she was in awe for a short time, but it didn't take long for her wonderment to turn to pure glee. She was running through the snow, loving the crunch beneath her feet. She pointed out the "pint" (plant) that was growing up through the snow...and she fell down a few times, and was anxious for us to get her up quickly...but overall, she loved it, despite the freezing temps.
Cathy (our neighbor) saw us and sent us to retrieve her plastic toboggan sled from her shed. Boy did Avalai love that! Matt pushed her several times in it, and if Avalai could have chosen, she'd have had him push her on that little disc all afternoon! I did get it on video a few times. She was a good little girl, and we had fun, even though I couldn't feel most of my appendages!

Cathy left for her new job last night... and Avalai often asks for her... so it's going to be hard to not see her often now. I'm hoping something will open up so she can stay here...she just couldn't find a comparable job here...so she's staying with her sister in VA Beach while she works down there and makes sure that she likes it.

I saved $230 on my grocery bill too last night with triple coupons. Avalai was a trooper! Considering that we were in Super Fresh from about 9 until after midnight...she's so adaptableand was nice to everyone, poor little girl. She slept well that night!

Tonight she went to the Verizon Store with me, (I so dread that place, but I needed to transfer contacts to my new Blackberry Storm that I'm still not sure that I totally like!) and even though we had a long wait as usual, Avalai made friends with everyone she saw. I was trying to teach her how to introduce herself. I would say "What's your name...tell them what your name is..." And she would point to her chest and say "Av-way" and nod her little head. She met a little 2 and a half year old boy... a 6 or 7 year old girl, and a couple of college kids chilling on the couch. It's so funny now because when she meets someone new and they tell her their name, she immediately tries to say it, and she's usually pretty right on...and always so adorably funny!

We also had to run by Lowes and Target, and she was a charming little angel. She stayed with me, rode in the cart and read a little cookie monster counting book I picked up for her. I let her pick out a new cereal bowl with a yellow birdie, and a new flower fork and spoon set. She even helped me put the items on the checkout counter. She was tired, since it was almost 10 o'clock, but she was such a sweetie pie!

Avalai was so cute today...as she often does...she fell asleep reading books, and after a little fuss when she first woke up...she played for at least 30 or 40 minutes in her crib. Reading her Elmo activity book...telling her animals that she loves them and giving them lots of kisses. It's soooo adorable, I could just squeeze her every minute.

If only I could invent something that would make us rich enough that I wouldn't have to work and could just stay home with her...maybe someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment